Straight, no chaser
Saturday was my baby sister's 21st birthday. She and one of her roommates went and rented out a bar on west Fullerton (at Southport) called Ta'Too. Knowing them, I thought it'd be like Zero Gravity, the pre-teen suburban dance hall. Ta'too bills itself as a public ale house, and uses the ol' Irish Pub font, but it was very upscale. Red walls and dark wood and mirrors. Plus they blared hot dance music. And by blared, I mean when I left the bar, I had numb hearing, and the last time that happened was when I went to see Kiss at Allstate.
It was fun. All my sibbies were there, and a bunch of classmates of my other sister were theer from her culinary school. Two of them seemed fun. There was a third, the only dude, who was totally gettin' his mope on. He told my sister that he felt too old for the bar because he was 31. Asshole. Then leave. Go feel 60, but don't mope at a party.
It was $30 for all you can drink. I set out to get my money's worth, and didn't quite succeed. Here's what I had between 9:20 and 11:20:
A Kamikaze - Ric Flair's signature Drink, and a regular favorite of mine.
A Craig T. Nelson - See previous post
A Jaeger Bomb.
A "Randall" - Ginger Ale & Captain Morgan. Apparently all the rage in the Hamptons according to the guy who got most of the bar to try one.
A 7 & 7.
I can honestly say that I should have had 5 beers in that time. I would have been drunker and not experienced the vertigo and fecal odor I did the next day. Oh Well. I t was a good time nonetheless. I think the median age at the place was 22. Some people obviously looked younger than others, I mean, my brother has trouble looking of age and probably always will:
But there were two guys that are at least 23 that were wearing baseball caps, brim low, that made them look 12. It was kind of funny, 'specially the kid that had his slightly cocked off to the side. I think he's the creative force behind Thunder Midget (TM), my brother's garage band. My sister was resplendent and quite the hostess. I got to meet her new "friend" who I was relieved to find out is 22. He looked older. He can also string a sentence together, which is more than I can say for some of her previous boyfriends. ...I don't know. I guess since my brother and I are such smartasses, I thought she'd date someone more like us. Of Course, that may be why she dates like she does.
Sunday we went to my parents' house for the family party. My mom made a heavyweight dinner consisting of homemade beef and noodles, mashed potatoes, niblet corn and green beans, and rolls. Dessert additionally rediculous and irresistible.
We went home just in time to have the baby scream all night.
I sure could have used a beer.
It was fun. All my sibbies were there, and a bunch of classmates of my other sister were theer from her culinary school. Two of them seemed fun. There was a third, the only dude, who was totally gettin' his mope on. He told my sister that he felt too old for the bar because he was 31. Asshole. Then leave. Go feel 60, but don't mope at a party.
It was $30 for all you can drink. I set out to get my money's worth, and didn't quite succeed. Here's what I had between 9:20 and 11:20:
A Kamikaze - Ric Flair's signature Drink, and a regular favorite of mine.
A Craig T. Nelson - See previous post
A Jaeger Bomb.
A "Randall" - Ginger Ale & Captain Morgan. Apparently all the rage in the Hamptons according to the guy who got most of the bar to try one.
A 7 & 7.
I can honestly say that I should have had 5 beers in that time. I would have been drunker and not experienced the vertigo and fecal odor I did the next day. Oh Well. I t was a good time nonetheless. I think the median age at the place was 22. Some people obviously looked younger than others, I mean, my brother has trouble looking of age and probably always will:

But there were two guys that are at least 23 that were wearing baseball caps, brim low, that made them look 12. It was kind of funny, 'specially the kid that had his slightly cocked off to the side. I think he's the creative force behind Thunder Midget (TM), my brother's garage band. My sister was resplendent and quite the hostess. I got to meet her new "friend" who I was relieved to find out is 22. He looked older. He can also string a sentence together, which is more than I can say for some of her previous boyfriends. ...I don't know. I guess since my brother and I are such smartasses, I thought she'd date someone more like us. Of Course, that may be why she dates like she does.
Sunday we went to my parents' house for the family party. My mom made a heavyweight dinner consisting of homemade beef and noodles, mashed potatoes, niblet corn and green beans, and rolls. Dessert additionally rediculous and irresistible.
We went home just in time to have the baby scream all night.
I sure could have used a beer.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home