Critical Eating
I'm great at eating something and telling you what I think, so here's today's business lunch:
Ugh. Siemens took us to Smith & Wollensky at Marina Towers for lunch. I am totally underwhelmed, and glad it was free.
The table broke down like this: The two ladies from Siemens had Cobb Salads (and probably had the best meal), my boss had the burger (which looked huge and dry, but she ordered it well done), and my counterpart and I ordered the Steak Wollensky. An "open-faced sandwich" that was just a ribeye cubed on a piece of bread with onions and mushrooms. Onion rings on the side. We both agreed that had we paid ourselves, we'd be pissed. There's no way that cut of meat merited the $26 price tag. I should have gone for the burger. Jack Black once said in an interview that he orders the cheeseburger everywhere he goes as a benchmark for the whole place. I have a benchmark in place, but only for chinese restaurants. I always go Empress (or, failing that, General's) chicken.
Regardless, the food was more pleasant than the conversation, which focused on an upcoming abbreviated dialing project. Ugh.
I should note that I consider myself a Barnivore (TM). That means my food of choice is bar food.
Ugh. Siemens took us to Smith & Wollensky at Marina Towers for lunch. I am totally underwhelmed, and glad it was free.
The table broke down like this: The two ladies from Siemens had Cobb Salads (and probably had the best meal), my boss had the burger (which looked huge and dry, but she ordered it well done), and my counterpart and I ordered the Steak Wollensky. An "open-faced sandwich" that was just a ribeye cubed on a piece of bread with onions and mushrooms. Onion rings on the side. We both agreed that had we paid ourselves, we'd be pissed. There's no way that cut of meat merited the $26 price tag. I should have gone for the burger. Jack Black once said in an interview that he orders the cheeseburger everywhere he goes as a benchmark for the whole place. I have a benchmark in place, but only for chinese restaurants. I always go Empress (or, failing that, General's) chicken.
Regardless, the food was more pleasant than the conversation, which focused on an upcoming abbreviated dialing project. Ugh.
I should note that I consider myself a Barnivore (TM). That means my food of choice is bar food.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home