What up, Dawg?
So, we want to get a dog. Specifically, Miette wants to open a box on her birthday that contains a new dog. I have been using Petfinder.com (which rules) and pressing people I know that know things about dog adoption.
The double-edged sword here is that we're looking to adopt a stray, not buy a dog from a pet store. However, some shelters or foster homes charge $300 for an adoption. I guess I get it, because they're boarding the dogs and paying to have them fixed in some cases, but damn; at what point do you want to stop paying and let someone else take care of the dog?
The hard part of all of this is that any quick search on petfinder yields hundreds of cute dogs I can picture owning. The problem for me will be making a decision. If I do actually go and look at any, that's where I think it will end. I don't think I'll be able to walk away from any dogs I look at.
The other double-edged sword is how many great dogs are available at any time only means there are that many and probably tenfold more homeless dogs.
Adopt one, will ya?
The double-edged sword here is that we're looking to adopt a stray, not buy a dog from a pet store. However, some shelters or foster homes charge $300 for an adoption. I guess I get it, because they're boarding the dogs and paying to have them fixed in some cases, but damn; at what point do you want to stop paying and let someone else take care of the dog?
The hard part of all of this is that any quick search on petfinder yields hundreds of cute dogs I can picture owning. The problem for me will be making a decision. If I do actually go and look at any, that's where I think it will end. I don't think I'll be able to walk away from any dogs I look at.
The other double-edged sword is how many great dogs are available at any time only means there are that many and probably tenfold more homeless dogs.
Adopt one, will ya?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home