Bow down to the/Bow Down to the KING!
I was just in San Francisco from Wednesday until Saturday night moving about 50 phones in their office. The last time I had been, I could scarcely find a decent plate of food in the city, even though several of the places we went were Expense-Account repositories. The single best day was Thursday. I had the griddlecakes at the Meridien (The winston-rate hotel) restaurant. They were lemon-blueberry and they hold the title of best pancakes I've ever had. I got bacon as a side. It, too was amazing. It was like 1/4 inch thick.
For Lunch we went to a German Beer hall called Schroeders. I had the german Sausage plate and at the urging of the manager, a beer. The sausages were magnificent. I'd eat hot dogs all the time if they tasted like the Frankfurter included in the plate.
Dinner I was on my own, and took a walk northwest up Columbus street (The singular most european-looking street in the US, barring only Epcot Center in my estimation) to a Japanese place called North Beach Sushi. I had the tempura. It was amazing. The real feats, though, were the Miso and japanese salad that were the starters. Simple and popping with flavor. I paired it (gay) with a large Asahi.
I made it to the Miette organic bakery in SF in search of Miette-obelia to give my daughter. My sensibilities are still smarting from their $30 t-shirts, and I was positively underwhelmed by the $4 cupcakes. Still, I got Miette some cool stuff, and the ladies there loaded me up with stickers, bags, and Ribbon with Miette all over them.

The SF office is in 101 california st. It's a round buliding, and each (attorney) office has floor-to-ceiling windows that offer breathtaking panoramas of the SF bay area, including all the sites. I wish I'd taken a picture. Instead, the only picture I got was this one, of an AT&T central office switching center. It means nothing to any of you, but it was neat for me to see, especially through a window like this. See, every phone line is represented by a pair of copper wires that run from wherever they serve to a central office like this; hence the sheer scale. In chicagoland, none of the buildings have any windows. They're all brick cubes like the one behind IO if that's included in your point of reference. It's a security risk to have a window. Not sure why it's okay in an earfquake-prone area like SF...
For Lunch we went to a German Beer hall called Schroeders. I had the german Sausage plate and at the urging of the manager, a beer. The sausages were magnificent. I'd eat hot dogs all the time if they tasted like the Frankfurter included in the plate.
Dinner I was on my own, and took a walk northwest up Columbus street (The singular most european-looking street in the US, barring only Epcot Center in my estimation) to a Japanese place called North Beach Sushi. I had the tempura. It was amazing. The real feats, though, were the Miso and japanese salad that were the starters. Simple and popping with flavor. I paired it (gay) with a large Asahi.
I made it to the Miette organic bakery in SF in search of Miette-obelia to give my daughter. My sensibilities are still smarting from their $30 t-shirts, and I was positively underwhelmed by the $4 cupcakes. Still, I got Miette some cool stuff, and the ladies there loaded me up with stickers, bags, and Ribbon with Miette all over them.

The SF office is in 101 california st. It's a round buliding, and each (attorney) office has floor-to-ceiling windows that offer breathtaking panoramas of the SF bay area, including all the sites. I wish I'd taken a picture. Instead, the only picture I got was this one, of an AT&T central office switching center. It means nothing to any of you, but it was neat for me to see, especially through a window like this. See, every phone line is represented by a pair of copper wires that run from wherever they serve to a central office like this; hence the sheer scale. In chicagoland, none of the buildings have any windows. They're all brick cubes like the one behind IO if that's included in your point of reference. It's a security risk to have a window. Not sure why it's okay in an earfquake-prone area like SF...



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home