Thursday, August 09, 2007

Too Stupid to Live

This morning coming in on the Eisenhower, I noticed a douche in an suv driving erratically. I could see his silhouette through the rear window touching his face like he was applying shaving cream.
He was all over the road, so I moved to pass. As I did, I confirmed my suspicion. This 20-something blond professional-looking shithead driving while shaving. He was in an undershirt, and by this time, actively wet-shaving in the car.
My kingdom for a cameraphone.
As I made it past him, I looked in the rear view mirror, and saw that he put a solo cup of water on the dash, and dipped his razor in it. He apparently forgot his towel, so he was wiping face and razor on white sheets of paper.
My god, the stupidity. Now, I have done some less-than-attentive things while driving, but NEVER during rush hour, and never something as involved as shaving. I mean, I don't want to wish harm to anybody, but I feel like the only way someone that thick would learn a lesson is if he had a wreck. Problem with that is, he'll most likely hurt someone else as well, because he was SHAVING WHILE DRIVING.
What irritates me most is that there's never a cop around when shit like this happens. Never. I wish to god that they'd enforce JUST ONCE the driving too slow in the left lane that passed a couple years ago. Conversely, the next time I change lanes without signaling, I'll get a traffic ticket.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a funny story. And people wonder why driving gives me anxiety. I used to drive from Gurnee to downtown Chicago 3 times a week while my husband was in school. The first couple of times made me nervous but after that I was a pro at it. But after 8 months in San Diego, I still can't get comfortable with driving during rush hour. I've seen some crazy things here too (from hostage situations to highspeed police chases).

3:37 PM  
Blogger Zach said...

San Diego/LaJolla is like lil'uraguay or something. My brother and sisters and I once got chased out of a park by hispanic gangbabgers there.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs »