Astonishing
...The shit that's going down in this country.
My wife wants to take on a refugee or two from the hurricane and put them up in our guest room. I am leery of the idea, but I feel like I have to do something. Something. I'd go on TV and say the victims were better off living in tents than they had been previously if Barbara Bush hadn't already.
I'm sick about this whole thing.
Anyway, the state has a number for people willing to help. I'll let you know if we add anybody to the household.
My in-laws were in this weekend. My father-in-law and I started to patch a leak in our roof when we realized that it was a huge old section of dry rot (when his knee went through the roof). We ended up replacing a 4 by 12 foot section of the roof. I say "we" but he did it all. Damn, it's great to be related to someone so handy.
A quick aside, my father-in-law reminds me physically of Sergeant Slaughter the 80's wrestler. Brawny, bald, and mustachioed. When I was courting my wife, I was at their house when he handed me a steak knife and beckoned me out into the back yard. Apparently, he had been mowing on his riding lawnmower when he ran over a kitchen rug that his wife had set out in the yard to dry. He said, "I'm going to pick up this mower, and I want you to roll underneath it and cut the rug out of the blades". A riding lawnmower. Also, he didn't just pick up an end of it. He deadlifted the whole thing and held it. He asked me once to move so he could take a short break, and then picked it up again until I cut the rug out.
Saturday night I worked a party for Plutocrats that had to cost $5 million if it cost a dime. You can read the details here and here if you like. I played Augustus Gloop from Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory. Let me tell you, little gets you wired like eating three humorously large candy bars in the span of a half hour.
My daughter has discovered her feet, and is trying to sit up nowadays... it makes the fact that she HATES to sleep worth it.
I went to a Voice over internet protocol (voip) technology conference yesterday. Some good info, but some humorously bad public speakers. Plus, there was a heated argument in the panel discussion at the end. My usual tension breaker of yelling, "HIT HIM!" when there's an argument has unfortunately become a reflex, and didn't go over so well...
And just so it doesn't go unsaid... Eric Lindberg.
My wife wants to take on a refugee or two from the hurricane and put them up in our guest room. I am leery of the idea, but I feel like I have to do something. Something. I'd go on TV and say the victims were better off living in tents than they had been previously if Barbara Bush hadn't already.
I'm sick about this whole thing.
Anyway, the state has a number for people willing to help. I'll let you know if we add anybody to the household.
My in-laws were in this weekend. My father-in-law and I started to patch a leak in our roof when we realized that it was a huge old section of dry rot (when his knee went through the roof). We ended up replacing a 4 by 12 foot section of the roof. I say "we" but he did it all. Damn, it's great to be related to someone so handy.
A quick aside, my father-in-law reminds me physically of Sergeant Slaughter the 80's wrestler. Brawny, bald, and mustachioed. When I was courting my wife, I was at their house when he handed me a steak knife and beckoned me out into the back yard. Apparently, he had been mowing on his riding lawnmower when he ran over a kitchen rug that his wife had set out in the yard to dry. He said, "I'm going to pick up this mower, and I want you to roll underneath it and cut the rug out of the blades". A riding lawnmower. Also, he didn't just pick up an end of it. He deadlifted the whole thing and held it. He asked me once to move so he could take a short break, and then picked it up again until I cut the rug out.
Saturday night I worked a party for Plutocrats that had to cost $5 million if it cost a dime. You can read the details here and here if you like. I played Augustus Gloop from Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory. Let me tell you, little gets you wired like eating three humorously large candy bars in the span of a half hour.
My daughter has discovered her feet, and is trying to sit up nowadays... it makes the fact that she HATES to sleep worth it.
I went to a Voice over internet protocol (voip) technology conference yesterday. Some good info, but some humorously bad public speakers. Plus, there was a heated argument in the panel discussion at the end. My usual tension breaker of yelling, "HIT HIM!" when there's an argument has unfortunately become a reflex, and didn't go over so well...
And just so it doesn't go unsaid... Eric Lindberg.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home