On the short end of the genetic Stick.
Here's my father... not a great picture, but you'll get my point...
... AND my mother, of course, and the baby. Finally, here I am.
It'd make sense if I was Jim MacDiarmid or Phil Pace, the in-focus guys over my shoulder, but I'm the blurry one in the center. I guess it merits noting that nt grandfather was a gymnast and outdoorsman, and that I never deny myself anything that MIGHT taste good, but I don't even have the rugged features.
Incidentally, They lived on Lake Mohawk in Sparta, NJ, hence the getup above. I do have some small pecentage on Native American in me, but that's on my Mother's side. If I can post more pics of my grandfather, I will. I look at them and can't believe I'm related to him.
Also, he was a draftsman for Johns-Manville in NY. My other Grandfather (Wagner) made patterns for a foundry. I can barely draw a stick figure. Hopefully I can breed some of this back into my kids.

2 Comments:
rugged features? maybe not. handsome as the dev? yes.
that picture of your grandpa is really neat. i hesitate to say it due to the headdress and what it could imply...? but, i can't help thinking that it's uber-cool.
I have more... him in a cowboy outfit on the roof of some famous department store in NYC. It makes me think he was the 1930s version of an MF newsie...
Also several from the 1939 world's fair in NY. Man, my Grandma sis (Lucille) was a knockout too.
Post a Comment
<< Home