Monday, March 20, 2006

Diarrhea Birthday

Miette's been sick for several days now. Saturday I witnessed her vomit for the first time. It was terrifying. Mostly because she doesn't know any of the tricks for sucessful vomiting yet, like lean forward. Friday she puked through her nose, so Kiki took her to the doctor. She has a double ear infection. That, according to the doc, explains the vomiting, but it doesn't explain diarrhea (I had to spellcheck Diarrhea.), which she's also having.
She's got antibiotics now, but I really can't wait for her to feel better. Incidentally, you'd never know she was sick if not for the byproducts. She's been a total angel.
So today's my 31st birthday. Last night, I m ade my family join me at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Woodridge. I have been on the hunt for a decent Buffalo chicken Sandwich since Govnor's was closed by the city (the building was condemned in a shrewd political move to make room for a new hotel). Govnor's buffalo chicken sandwich was a full butterfly chicken breast perfectly seasoned and humorously placed between the halves of a bun. The only way to kind of make the bun work was to cut it in half and stack the chicken breasts (Thanks, Ben Johnson!). It was an event of a sandwich. So, they closed, and I have been on the hunt for a suitable replacement.
I had only been to the buffalo wild wings in Lincoln park (and maybe Champaign) before. Every time, I loved the burger, the wings, and the buffalo chips. I figured this would be a good place to look.
I couldn't have been more wrong.
The wings were good (not great). They advertised Molson Canadian on the menu, which I love, but I was informed that they no longer carry it when I ordered it. Suckkas. Then the sandwich came. It was a breaded chicken breast on a bun with cheese on it, and the buffalo sauce squirted on it like ketchup instead of soaking it like a wing (or like a true sandwich should be). Anyway, only my dad was satisfied out of the 8 of us, and he ordered fish.
The capper was the farting and cramps that woke me up at 2 in the morning, sending me to experience diarrhea myself as my first activity of my birthday. How did I know it was from the sandwich? Hot hole.

Two weeks from Yesterday I'll be at Wrestlemania. I can't wait.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chidester said...

I will now you the term "Hot Hole" in every sentence that I can.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Zach said...

It's quicker than singing "Burning ring of fire"

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try the Buffalo Sammich at Cullen's on Southport. You will not be disappointed.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs »