Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A Lawyer Joke that isn't funny

So we had the home inspection on the intended new home yesterday. In the interest of time, I had my wife scan it in and email it to me, and I forwarded it onto the attorney to address the found issues. Here is the string of emails that followed:

Zach--I do not want to go through and print off each attachment. Please have your agent fax over the inspection report as well or let me know what pages are involved.
Bob

C'mon, Bob. For your fee you can't print 11 pages?
Just kidding. However, I don't have the report in front of me, so I can't tell you which are the important pages. If you can forward it back to me, I can pick out the important pages on my blackberry. Otherwise it will be after midnight or tomorrow morning.
Zachary M. Thompson

[I felt obligated to say "just kidding" even when I wasn't]

Actually Zach, kidding or not, printing off each page requires going through photo wizard and about 5 steps for each page. I am not doing it. And while on the topic of fees, the fee for this buy is $400 plus a $50 exit fee for the aborted May deal. anyway back to the main topic, please copy the report and fax it out to me.

Thanks, Bob

Bob,
Please send me an invoice for the $50 for the aborted deal. I will not need you for the current one. The invoice can be sent to:
Zachary Thompson
XXX---XXX
Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Zachary M. Thompson
So, I fired him. I scrambled and found another attorney this morning who'll handle it for me. I am of the opinion that he could have handled this waaay better, and balking over some steps to print a document is paltry compared to his fee. I am his client. Even the mega-high-powered attorneys at the firm I work for wouldn't treat a client like that.
Am I wrong?
Even if I am, send me good thoughts. I really want to be DONE with the house hunt!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go. That guy sounds like a total ass clown. Definitely sending good thoughts your way. The wife and I are attempting to buy our first place and I honestly don't think I've done a more stressful and at times depressing thing as an adult (which in a way makes me lucky I suppose.)

8:39 PM  
Blogger Rance Rizzutto said...

I will need a more specific list of the good thoughts you want before I am able to send them to you...this will cost you $50.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs »