Art for Art Norman's sake
Monday I went to CSz for a 2-hour lunch of Bears-related bits that netted us a little segment on the 5 o'clock news. It turned out fun, as did rehearsal last night. Video of me on channel 5 will follow as soon as I get a digical copy.
This morning, I had to f-ing drive in. I was 10 minutes into my walk to the train when I went to check my watch and realized I didn't have it. The realization soon set in that I also did not have my wallet, any cash, or my blackberry (gasp). I made a valliant effort to get my dad to come get me and take me to the train station, but it wasn't in the cards. Drive during rush hour in Chicago is enough to make you realize how little people care to be aware of their surroundings. The other night going home on the eisenhower, I passed a guy in a mini-van with all the interior lights on, a binder spread open on his steering wheel, and fiddling with his blackberry on top of that. I wanted to make a citizen's arrest, but I don't think you can arrest someone for stupidity. If you could, I may have been arrested for missing the train this morning.
This morning, I had to f-ing drive in. I was 10 minutes into my walk to the train when I went to check my watch and realized I didn't have it. The realization soon set in that I also did not have my wallet, any cash, or my blackberry (gasp). I made a valliant effort to get my dad to come get me and take me to the train station, but it wasn't in the cards. Drive during rush hour in Chicago is enough to make you realize how little people care to be aware of their surroundings. The other night going home on the eisenhower, I passed a guy in a mini-van with all the interior lights on, a binder spread open on his steering wheel, and fiddling with his blackberry on top of that. I wanted to make a citizen's arrest, but I don't think you can arrest someone for stupidity. If you could, I may have been arrested for missing the train this morning.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home