Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Here's to first Fridays...Tonight is kinda Special

IO has a first friday thing where they give away pizza and wings and let people try the new beers for the month (for a fee, of course). I was down with nothing to do until 8 or so, so I braved the cold and met my pal Tim there. It was a great time, though I new only 4 people (one of them was Charna). I had a draft, then the flight of drafts (35 ounces all told), and left there quite drunk.
Here's my problem with most micro brews; they feel like they have to taste so distinctive that you'll instantly know they're not mass-produced. Most are brown and have that sweetened coffee mixed with beer and sprite taste that makes you have dragon breath. There are so many great dark or brown beers that have taste and color without having to have a flowery saccarine taste that I'd imagine what someone with maple syrup urine disease pees out.
I think I talked the bar manager into doing a cheap beer flight - This would be 5 lowbrow beers like high life(which is awesome), pbr, old milwaukee, Milwaukee's best and Hamms. I'll definitely go back if they do that. I'd go back anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs »