Monday, March 12, 2007

The Spewin' o' the Green

I was at the south side parade yesterday at the party featured in this clip. I was really struck by how much blatant underage drinking was going on. It had a very college party feel, because everyone was working on a binge, and the nice weather brought out the skin and the beer spilled into the mud made a scent reminiscent of old ISU. Plus, I parked about a 20 minute walk away, and all along the way there were throngs of drinking teens, and people spilled out into their front yards. Mostly there were attractive irish southsiders between 15 and 25 years of age. Almost none could hold their liquor, and there was much yelling of T-shirt slogans ate eachother. I didn't see any fights, but I did see lots of stupidity. I saw a girl with her pants down to her ankles peeing behind a church, and several other people couldn't walk in a straight line on the long trek back to the car.
The party was a blast, hosted by a coworker, and there was tons of beers and corned beef to be had. He's the deep-voiced lad in the video that hosted a port-a-potty for charity. I'd probably do the same if I were him. He's one block off the parade route along an alley, so if he didn't draw a crowd for the port-a-potty, I'm sure his lawn would be killed by Anheiser-Busch-supplied urine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs »