Monday, February 26, 2007

Entree the Giant

Kiki and I went to a french place for dinner Friday. Mon Ami Gabi at Oakbrook. It was excellent. It occured to me that If I ever won a restaurant (The Cleveland Steamer: Working title), I will offer a dinner special called Entree the Giant. You'd get 2 entress for a reduced price.
I saw that Prestige movie this weekend. Can anybody explain to me how/why tesla got involved? Also, didn't Bowie's Tesla remind you of Ricky Gervais?
Then Sunday I shoveled impossibly heavy amounts of snow. It was like shoveling 4 inches of straight slush.
Yes, I would like some cheese with that wine.
Speaking of which, my sister took me to lunch today at Chicago's Pizza. The one on Sheffield. I went back to try the deep fried calzone. I am on a calzone quest much like my buffalo chicken sandwich quest. This one spurred by a restaurant at Illinois State University that had a pure dynamite calzone. They were called Pizza World, Which is ironic because they had abyssmally shitty pizza. Hence, they closed.
Anyway, Chicago's pizza's deep-fried Calzone is like eating an elephant ear at a street fair stuffed with pepperoni and cheese. It was a little too much for me, garbage disposal that I am.

1 Comments:

Blogger Phil Pace said...

I LOVED Pizza World when I was a kid!!!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs »