Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Bahamamama

Well, I got back from Switzerland, had a week, and then went to the Bahamas for vacation. It was a blast. The best way I've heard the bahamas described was, "don't expect Hawaii". It couldn't be more true. I'm sure it's paradise for dirty-assed floridian parrot heads, but I prefer my resort amenities to include potable water. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed it and so did Miette, which is the important thing. She garnered so much attention from the Bahamans. They loved her. At this one restaurant, on two different occasions, two different waitresses picked her up and kissed her. Wierd but cute. Speaking of Bahamans, they are a very nice people as far as I could tell, and all of the "help" at the resort and restaurants were these really beautiful black women.
Still it's too close to Florida. Case in point, we were eating breakfast at a restaurant. Behind us were a table of southerners who were there to sport fish. Soon thereafter, a guy walked in with 2 young boys, both under 7, wearing the shortest shorts I've ever seen on a man and a shirt that read "Got Sex?". And on the back, "Stuff your Muff at LarrysExoticToyStore.com". Later, he sent his breakfast back, because he "didn't order no fish stew". Then, when he returned to the table, he said, "I looove the attitude here. I took that shit back and all she said was 'that's what you ordered'. No I'm sorry sir or nothin'".
The beaches were beautiful, and so were the pools. Miette received her first bee stings poolside. She got fruit punch soaked into her swim diaper and the bees tried to get in and have some. That was AWFUL. Just AWFUL.
She bounced back pretty quick, though. She can sing the entire chorus to the Beach Boys' Kokomo thanks to my mother-in-law. I'll post some pictures when I can.
Kiki, however, caught some virus from her sister, and has been knocked on her ass since Saturday. Like can't hardly get out of bed on her ass. I feel terrible for her and I'm trying like the DICKENS not to get it, whatever it is. Now I have a couple days then it's to Michigan for a small-town-'merica forfa joolye.
How is it with you?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've really enjoyed reading about your life, especially things about your daughter. Children are precious aren't they? I am glad things are well with you. I'm doing okay. I'm back in San Diego now. I enjoyed my trip to IL very much.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs »