My first earthquake
So, I'm in San Francisco for work. I experienced my first earthquake between 4-5 this am. It felt like someone was shaking the bed. Which startled me. Then I was like, "oh, it's an eathquake". Then I was like, "FUCK! IT'S AN EARTHQUAKE!". Then I had nightmares about earthquakes until I awoke to what I thought was church bells. So, I opened the balcony door (that's right, motherfuckers), not remembering there being a church in the financial district of sf and was greeted by street noise. I got ready and opened the room door to discover that the sound was some guy's travel alarm next door. Loud. Loud enough to fill the hallway with that bell racket.
I went down to have Le Meridien's griddlecakes, which fans of this blog will remember are the best in the world.
I had to crap, so I went back to the room and discovered the alarm STILL going off. So, Dick that I am, I quietly closed my door upon leaving, pounded on the door next door, and leapt into the emergency exit stairway.
On my way down, I recalled hearing some banging like someone at my door last night, and my griddlecake-addled brain went all CSI. I imagined the guy next door being incapacitated or killed by whomever was doing the banging, and reported the alarm going of for 90 minutes to the desk and asked that they do a well being check. I'll let you know if anything comes of it. Odds are, the dude was just exhausted and I heard earthquake sounds.
I went down to have Le Meridien's griddlecakes, which fans of this blog will remember are the best in the world.
I had to crap, so I went back to the room and discovered the alarm STILL going off. So, Dick that I am, I quietly closed my door upon leaving, pounded on the door next door, and leapt into the emergency exit stairway.
On my way down, I recalled hearing some banging like someone at my door last night, and my griddlecake-addled brain went all CSI. I imagined the guy next door being incapacitated or killed by whomever was doing the banging, and reported the alarm going of for 90 minutes to the desk and asked that they do a well being check. I'll let you know if anything comes of it. Odds are, the dude was just exhausted and I heard earthquake sounds.

3 Comments:
I'm glad you survived your first earthquake. I would've been panicking. I can't believe you are in SF!!! I'm jealous. Seems like everyone I know is going there. I'm going in October for our anniversary. We got married there! I wish we lived closer to SF. Oh btw, I think your daughter is simple precious.
Oops, I was in such a hurry and wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and hit enter too soon...I left that first comment. :) Just in case you were wondering who that was, hehe. :P
I was wondering who that was.
Post a Comment
<< Home