Friday, December 12, 2008

Colicky

So, Sam started out Colicky like his big sister. Bad bouts of screaming in the evenings. He had a 6-week doctor appointment and I told Kiki to ask the doc if there had been any advances in the field of colic…
He said we had tried pretty much everything and recommended that we try eliminating dairy from Kiki’s diet as a last resort. Like even eliminating cream from her coffee.
I am pleased to report that it worked! He no longer has those bouts, and by 2 months he was smiling and doing his gaspy baby laugh, which has made things even better.

In other news, We had to go to DC because my wife works on the committee that develops the writing portion of the GED. It was a very fun trip and I got to see one of my best friends while in DC. Miette loved exploring the city and staying in the hotel. It was a pretty swanky one with a humongous bathtub that filled in seconds due to the hydrant-like water pressure. We also got to the natural history museum where she was awed by the dinosaurs and bewildered by a group of like 100 people in santa suits.

How ‘bout that Illinois Governor? What I find most appalling is that he hasn’t bothered to say a damn thing to the people that elected him. 99% of politicians represent one thing. Their own interests. I have experienced it in little ol’ Lisle and seen it on a national scale. The 2-party system is broken, right along with Healthcare, Insurance, the court system, and most bank accounts.

Be of good cheer, right?

How is it with you? You never comment any more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs »