Here's the baby post...

4 weeks late. If I could have stopped my head from spinning for more that a few minutes during any point previous, I would have posted.
Anyway...
Samuel Emerson Thompson joined us on 9/22/08 at 12:57 AM. He weighed in at 6 lbs 11ozs (his daddy was 6lbs 9ozs, and his uncle Sam was 6lbs 10 ozs). Miette was 8lbs 2oz. That's why we were quite surprised that he took 7 hours to deliver with less than an hour of pushing. Labor for Miette was 36 hours with 3 hours of pushing.
We even left the hospital a day early. Miette's beside herself excited, though she's still a bit rough with him. We're constantly reminding her that he's not a toy.
So, I've got one of each. I had heard many people say that "the pressure's off" and that "I can stop now", which probably isn't the case, but it is nice to have a male to carry on the Thompson name. I do like modeling male behavior to Miette, but I'm also interested in how it will manifest itself in my son.
I had a nice 2 weeks off from work. He's still not sleeping with any regularity, and we're thinking by his recent behavior that he's developed Colic. Longtime fans of this blog know now that they're in for some terrifying posts, if I can find the time.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home