Gaad Damn that Chicaago Winner!
I left my house at 7 today. I got to work around 9:15. That’s more than an hour more than usual, but I’ve come to expect it. For those of you who aren’t commuters, here’s how it go:
Leave the house walking to the train station in Lisle. It’s a 1 mile walk, usually takes me 15 minutes or so, more in the snow because exactly one family the entire way shovels their sidewalk.
Take the Train from Lisle, express from downers. Usually about a 35 minute trip. Today a train hit a plow in Brookfield, so we were delayed 40 minutes. Luckily it was ON the train, so I went to sleep!
Midway through my nap, some asshole who’d been coughing so loud that I’m SURE he wasn’t covering his mouth gets on the phone and has America’s loudest phone conversation about family Christmas plans and how he can’t believe how people can’t adapt to a little slush.
Assface.
Then I usually walk to work from Union station. Again, about a mile walk. I got to Wacker Drive, the first street over the river and there was about 6 inches of what looked like Coke Slurpee in the streets. An aside about Wacker Drive: a few years back, the revamped Lower and upper Wacker, but only the east-west portion. The north-south is like the gutter of the whole city. It does not train properly, and it’s dimples with potholes that show through to lower Wacker. While most streets are cleaned and sidewalks shoveled, Wacker N-S is left a mess. It’s a damn shame.
So, instead of taking my chances in the slush I got on the el and that took me to State & Lake.
Leave the house walking to the train station in Lisle. It’s a 1 mile walk, usually takes me 15 minutes or so, more in the snow because exactly one family the entire way shovels their sidewalk.
Take the Train from Lisle, express from downers. Usually about a 35 minute trip. Today a train hit a plow in Brookfield, so we were delayed 40 minutes. Luckily it was ON the train, so I went to sleep!
Midway through my nap, some asshole who’d been coughing so loud that I’m SURE he wasn’t covering his mouth gets on the phone and has America’s loudest phone conversation about family Christmas plans and how he can’t believe how people can’t adapt to a little slush.
Assface.
Then I usually walk to work from Union station. Again, about a mile walk. I got to Wacker Drive, the first street over the river and there was about 6 inches of what looked like Coke Slurpee in the streets. An aside about Wacker Drive: a few years back, the revamped Lower and upper Wacker, but only the east-west portion. The north-south is like the gutter of the whole city. It does not train properly, and it’s dimples with potholes that show through to lower Wacker. While most streets are cleaned and sidewalks shoveled, Wacker N-S is left a mess. It’s a damn shame.
So, instead of taking my chances in the slush I got on the el and that took me to State & Lake.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home