Somebody gets paid to do that.
So, when you have kids, you get exposed to a lot of dreck. Some stuff is good. Sesame Street, of course, but even some of the new stuff like Backyardigans won't make you want to throw the TV out the window. Miette always wants this Strawberry Shortcake CD from the library. It's a bunch of songs written for the strawberry shortcake gang. (They still air her cartoons, but they're not cartoons anymore, they're computer-generated.)
Anyway, someone got paid to write, compose, and perform all the music on this saccharine, nonsensical CD. Worse yet, someone likely AUDITIONED to sing as strawberry shortcake on the CD. I picture a line of young women in Hollywood filing past the CD's producers and singing some Brooke Hogan tune for their audition. Then I picture some asshole with a pony tail saying, "We'll let you know."
Whenever there's some abysmally insipid thing on TV, I turn to my wife and imitate the character and say, "Guys! I got a part on this new TV show!".
Case in point, almost anything aired on the Disney channel, particularly Imagination Movers and Johnny and the Sprites. No offense to Tracy Ellert who plays Dancy Nancy on Bunnytown.
Fortunately, Miette's been real into old Tom & Jerry cartoons of late.
Unfortunately, she loves John & Kate plus 8. If you are unfamiliar, it's a show on TLC (I think) that follows a couple, and their twins and sextuplets. Miette's fascinated because the sextuplets are her age. However, it really couldn't be less interesting. Plus, that Kate's a real whiner, and they both stink of bornagain brainwash. John & Kate must get paid real well by the channel that brought you The Midget Family and Half Ton Dad. They're getting a massive new house. Maybe I should have 8 more kids or gain 800 pounds so people would pay me to watch "How I Do It".
The answer: Well.
Anyway, someone got paid to write, compose, and perform all the music on this saccharine, nonsensical CD. Worse yet, someone likely AUDITIONED to sing as strawberry shortcake on the CD. I picture a line of young women in Hollywood filing past the CD's producers and singing some Brooke Hogan tune for their audition. Then I picture some asshole with a pony tail saying, "We'll let you know."
Whenever there's some abysmally insipid thing on TV, I turn to my wife and imitate the character and say, "Guys! I got a part on this new TV show!".
Case in point, almost anything aired on the Disney channel, particularly Imagination Movers and Johnny and the Sprites. No offense to Tracy Ellert who plays Dancy Nancy on Bunnytown.
Fortunately, Miette's been real into old Tom & Jerry cartoons of late.
Unfortunately, she loves John & Kate plus 8. If you are unfamiliar, it's a show on TLC (I think) that follows a couple, and their twins and sextuplets. Miette's fascinated because the sextuplets are her age. However, it really couldn't be less interesting. Plus, that Kate's a real whiner, and they both stink of bornagain brainwash. John & Kate must get paid real well by the channel that brought you The Midget Family and Half Ton Dad. They're getting a massive new house. Maybe I should have 8 more kids or gain 800 pounds so people would pay me to watch "How I Do It".
The answer: Well.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home