Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Miette's 4 months old.

and that means she gets more shots. I feel terrible that I can't be there with Kiki and her. My mom is going with them, but still, I wish I could be there as well.
A friend of mine told me never to go, because you never forget the look in their eyes as they get shot after shot, and they want you to make it stop. I feel bad enough not being there.

Tonight is a mandatory meeting at ComedySportz. Not the reason I'm Missing Miette's appointment. That's today at 4:30, and I offered to get out of work, but Kiki told me to go. She is amazing. I thought I loved my wife before we had a baby. I did. More than anything in the world. After Miette, my love for her has grown exponentially. She is Profoundly Amazing.

After said mandatory meeting, If I can make it, Little Room has a show at IO. If not, I'm heading straight home to be on feverwatch from the vaccines.

Speaking of shows, I had three great ones this weekend. The all sit-in cast (me, Wolfson, Gotsick, Kinney, Simms, Chamberlin, and Joey Bland) gave the audience a right smashing show. Then to CSz for the 10:30. Truly a gem, and the funniest CSz show I've been a part of in months. Then we cranked out a hell of a Hot Karl based on Utopian Society.

Then I dozed while sandwiched between accidents on the Stevenson on the way home. The radio warned me of the one, but I foolishly thought I could beat it getting too bad. Also, I don't think the report said all lanes were blocked. Anyway, while we were all stopped, one car didn't, and there was an 8-car pileup behind me. I was held up 'til almost four, low on gas and dozing off due to the hour. I didn't want to sleep, though, as I was a fraid a state trooper would roll up on me an think I was passed out. Why? Because every swingin' dick, drunk or sober, was getting out of their cars and walking up to gape at the accident. Most of them were walking visibly drunk.

I've seen a lot of drunk assholes and accidents since I drive home to Westmont from Chicago every Saturday night around 2 AM. This one had all lanes blocked because it was a rolled over SUV with ejections, so I'm glad I didn't see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs »