Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sleeping with the enemy

So, we move Thursday. Still no bites on the current house. It will happen, but it still eats at me.
I have been moving the utilities, and found out that I don't qualify for DSL.
Soooo, that means I have to turn to the Evil comcast for cable internet. We'd scaled our TV down to the 14.95/month ultra-basic package. The silver lining, if there is one to dancing with the devil, is that for what I'm paying now for Cable, phone, and Internet, I'll get faster internet and way more channels for the same price. The darkest part of the cloud was talking to a total nignoramus on their 800 number who said that I couldn't get the package I wanted 'cause I was a curnt customa. Luckily, an order placed online fostered no such restrictions. This lady on the phone pissed me off so bad that it ruined my whole day. My whole day. Fuck Monopolies. Fuck Comcast. Fuck people who think that repeating their denial in a more stern voice is an adequate answer to your question.
I have been listening to naught but the HK podcast (coming to the general public soon) and Rock Ko Kane Flow by De La Soul featuring MF Doom. They're both great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs »