Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Long time no squawk

I know, I know.
I will try to update this mo' often. Don't wanna be the next Eric Lindberg or Ross Bryant. Ross, it was almost a year ago that I learned about face transplants from your end-of-year lists. I miss your blog.
I went to traffic court yesterday. In Downers Grove, it's held in the VFW hall, no kidding. This is from the accident I had in late october. I wish I could have taken a picture, but since you're not allowed to stand in the court room ( the Lincoln room of the VFW hall), I doubt you can take pictures.
Anyway, the lady who pulled out in front of me got called, and I went and stood in line behind her. She approached the bench and plead Not guilty. When the Judge asked for witnesses, I approached, and he said, "well, can you stick around for a while? Since she's pleading Not Guilty, we have to have a trial".
I laughed, then when that was ill-received, said okay.
The attorney for the village kept calling for the lady. She didn't answer. I was thinking she slunk out when she realized I was there. Turns out she went and sat in the hallway for some reason. Finally, they talked, and the woman decided to plead guilty and pay the fine. I'm sure she planned to plead not guilty because she though there was no way I'd show. When I did, she had to bite the bullet. That was the middle of my day, an hour and a half. I was glad to get the rest of it off, because here's what I did:
1) Dropped Miette at Daycare
2) Went to Lisle's post office to pick up a package
3) Went home to "Download"
4) Went to Staples to return something
5) Went to Sam's club to drop off film and get new wiper blades
6) Went to Home Deopt for a few things
7) Went to the Bulk Foods store for some raw nuts (YEAH!) and stocking stuffers
8) Went to Oakbrook mall (Restoration Hardware, Mario Tricoci, then Barnes & Noble)
9) Went to Costco (Yea, both Warehouse clubs)
10) Home to shower up
11) Court (see Above)
12) Went to my dad's office to get Kiki's keys (long story)
13) Went to Dominick's
14) Went to Trader Joes
15) Home to go for a walk with Kiki and Miette

It was a crazy day, but I cut my to-do list in half. I only have a few things to get now before Monday. Here's a little something to put you in the Holiday mood:

FUCKING BLOGGER WON"T UPLOAD MY PICTURES. I'LL TRY AGAIN LATER.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs »