Auld Lang Somethingorother
GQ Magazine's editor wrote of 2007:
-The year that barely was.
- A Year of halting inaction, of waiting for the war, or the mighty Bush Era, or both, to end.
With the exception of my wife and child and the Hot Karl Podcast, I feel exactly the same way.
While those were both my triumphs, one far more important than the other (see if you can guess which one!), the other two facets of my life were so stuffed with anticipation that it's hard to believe that the goal is tangible anymore.
At work, I experienced a ton of growth and training in many areas in advance of a move to Voice over IP. That project was supposed to drop at the end of this year and has met with tons of delays.
With regard to performance, Comedysportz was supposed to open in MARCH of 07. Now I expect we'd be lucky to open in March of '08. My luck will have me in another Winston office working on VOIP when it finally does. CSz's homelessness has set me off of my performance rhythm and regular schedule. It's been disorienting. I am ready to hit a rhythm again. I need the Hot Karl to come back full time.
All things considered, it's been a good year, albeit frustrating at times. My touchstone is and has always been my wife, and now Miette as well. I do all I can to block out the BS when I'm with them to make the contact truly memorable. My wife's had a difficult timw at work this year, and I'm often prodding her to leave it at the door when she comes home. It's a big part of her, and she's not like me, so I need to understand and accept that. It's part of what makes her her, and by the same token, what makes her great.
As I stated in HK podcast 9, Think about those that matter to you. That's what it's all about.
Remember how great you are. You bastards.
-The year that barely was.
- A Year of halting inaction, of waiting for the war, or the mighty Bush Era, or both, to end.
With the exception of my wife and child and the Hot Karl Podcast, I feel exactly the same way.
While those were both my triumphs, one far more important than the other (see if you can guess which one!), the other two facets of my life were so stuffed with anticipation that it's hard to believe that the goal is tangible anymore.
At work, I experienced a ton of growth and training in many areas in advance of a move to Voice over IP. That project was supposed to drop at the end of this year and has met with tons of delays.
With regard to performance, Comedysportz was supposed to open in MARCH of 07. Now I expect we'd be lucky to open in March of '08. My luck will have me in another Winston office working on VOIP when it finally does. CSz's homelessness has set me off of my performance rhythm and regular schedule. It's been disorienting. I am ready to hit a rhythm again. I need the Hot Karl to come back full time.
All things considered, it's been a good year, albeit frustrating at times. My touchstone is and has always been my wife, and now Miette as well. I do all I can to block out the BS when I'm with them to make the contact truly memorable. My wife's had a difficult timw at work this year, and I'm often prodding her to leave it at the door when she comes home. It's a big part of her, and she's not like me, so I need to understand and accept that. It's part of what makes her her, and by the same token, what makes her great.
As I stated in HK podcast 9, Think about those that matter to you. That's what it's all about.
Remember how great you are. You bastards.



1 Comments:
You cant even compare the Hot Karl podcasts with your child...The Podcasts win out everyday of the week...
Post a Comment
<< Home