"And When it comes time to Salute My Friends..."
"..My flag is close at hand. "
"I pledge my allegiance to the King of Beers. I'm a genuine Bud man." --I'm not. But this post is about that sentiment, and not how my addled brain can remeber that jingle I probably haven't heard since Kevin Matthews was on WLUP AM 1000 (Those were the days [cue "All in the Family" music]), and I can't remember what my wife asked me to do moments ago.
Anyway, my brother put together a "Comedy of Wrestling" tape that we watched last night. It was basically a compilation of very funny (intentionally or otherwise) moments in wrestling. I found myself wanting to be able to send the tape to a few of the wrestlers with a note that says, "Remember how great you are?" (or in some cases, WERE).
I already sent this sentiment to the Cast of this Saturday's ComedySportz 10:30 show as I'll be sharing the theater with them, and it's the first time in a long time that the cast feels 10:30-worthy.
I intend to attempt to share this sentiment with more people in my life, so this post is my reminder to myself. Speaking of Kevin Matthews, I still have tapes and tapes of him that I wish I could send him as a reminder of what he's capable of.
Heighten your relationship with someone, and tell them something you appreciate about them today. Preferrably something specific. Then have a Bud together.
"I pledge my allegiance to the King of Beers. I'm a genuine Bud man." --I'm not. But this post is about that sentiment, and not how my addled brain can remeber that jingle I probably haven't heard since Kevin Matthews was on WLUP AM 1000 (Those were the days [cue "All in the Family" music]), and I can't remember what my wife asked me to do moments ago.
Anyway, my brother put together a "Comedy of Wrestling" tape that we watched last night. It was basically a compilation of very funny (intentionally or otherwise) moments in wrestling. I found myself wanting to be able to send the tape to a few of the wrestlers with a note that says, "Remember how great you are?" (or in some cases, WERE).
I already sent this sentiment to the Cast of this Saturday's ComedySportz 10:30 show as I'll be sharing the theater with them, and it's the first time in a long time that the cast feels 10:30-worthy.
I intend to attempt to share this sentiment with more people in my life, so this post is my reminder to myself. Speaking of Kevin Matthews, I still have tapes and tapes of him that I wish I could send him as a reminder of what he's capable of.
Heighten your relationship with someone, and tell them something you appreciate about them today. Preferrably something specific. Then have a Bud together.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home