Thursday, August 11, 2005

F Cargo

Cargo Magazine emailed me and posed the question: What's your secret to Holiday Shopping? My answer is as follows:

-----Original Message-----
From: Thompson, Zachary
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 12:00 PM
To: 'readertips@cargomag.com'
Subject: Holiday Shopping
EBAY!
Ebay is the way to go! The selection and savings are second to none. Any risks are low, and outweigh the profound advantages. It's easy to do, and if you only buy from people with over 100 feedback, your chances of getting burned are extremely slim. Anybody who's not using ebay is wasting their money. A quick shot of stuff I've bought:
Ben Sherman Gullwing-collar shirt, new with Tags: $12
Ted Baker Ties $30
Brand new Adidas:$6 AFTER SHIPPING
Vintage canadian all-leather hockey jacket from some school team, red leather witha magnificent patina and a moto collar: $8 AFTER SHIPPING
Vintage Wrestling T-shirts: My weakness... $5. No Nou-Vintage for me. There are more vintage t-shirts on ebay than anywhere else.
Vintage black velvet blazer in 44 SHORT! $20! -Name one other easily accessable place with over 200 44 Short jackets and suits in one place! I dare you!
With a little practice navigating the site and learning what sellers to avoid, you'll barely buy anywhere else!
-------------------------------------
I guess I've been quite the media whore lately. Seriously, though, I am addicted to eBay. Sure, I've been burned once or twice, but try them and you'll see how the good outweighs the bad. I have over 1200 feedback rating.

Again, I doubt they'll publish it. The last question they asked was "How do you get a good deal on a great bottle of wine?" My Response: Why buy wine when Miller High Live is $10.99 for a 30-pack? I'm so couth (Apologies to Strong Bad [homestarrunner.com]). http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail124.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs »