Thursday, August 11, 2005

Tha BIN

I had breakfast at BIN 36 this morning with my friends Justin and Gail. I would not recommend the brioche french toast, and they wouldn't recommend the omelettes (egg white or otherwise). The home fries were positively heinous. Speaking of which, Sunday, the wife and I were getting cabin fever, so we threw the baby in the car for a trek to Leon's custard in Milwaukee. Kiki had seen Leon's on the food network, and wanted to try it. It's cool to look at, and though citysearch.milwaukee.com will tell you otherwise, that's where it ends with this place. We went there intending to eat lunch, but all they have is a loose meat sandwich called a spanish hamburger. Think Sloppy Joe minus the flavor. They also had the worst hot dog I think I've ever had...and no fries. The custard wasn't much better. If you are in the mood for such a trip, I can recommend Kopp's custard. They have a full burger-centric menu and fantastic custard.
I wrote my letter to Chicago Magazine and sent it today. This is the second time I've been moved to write a magazine in as many months. That's something I've not done since I wrote into the GI Joe comic book back in the day. They had Ewan McGregor on the cover and the accompanying article was tripe... basically a recanting of Ewan's bio coupled with the imagined conversations the author (Scott Raab) had with Yoda who was acting as Ewan's agent. I got no response to that letter (Shaming Esquire for blatantly drafting on the Episode 3 fan wagon only to pan the movies) or the one I wrote to the GI Joe Comic books (More Ninja Battles, Please!). I don't imagine this one will get a response (printed or otherwise) either.
Looks like we'll be going to the Drive-in for date night. Either http://www.cascadedrivein.com/ or http://www.drive-ins.com/theater/ilthili. A double feature for 6 bucks... Based on the movies showing, it'll brobably be the Cascade. Yeee-Haaa! More on that later.
Until next time, make mine Marvel!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs »