Back to Life, Back to Reality
I hope I put that crap ass song in your head. Remember "Pump Up The Volume"? The song, not the Christian Slater pirate radio movie.
So Miette had a great checkup and is healthy as a horse. Okay, a pony. All that craziness (see previous posts) is supposedly normal. Ugh. Proceed with caution when procreating.
Though I'd do all it again in a heartbeat.
Anyway, Miette's head is supposedly in the 90th percentile in terms of size. She's got a baby melon. Also, the doc says she's way ahead in her motor skills. That's Daddy's little birdie!
She had some shots yesterday that left her cranky, so I got to stay up with her from 4:30. I had one of those naps on the train where I wake up and don't immediately know where I am or how long I was out. I think I'll have another on the way home.
A thought that crossed my mind recently is how busy I am now, or even before the baby versus the busiest I ever was in college. I think I could have three degrees if I filled up my time the way I do now with coursework. Especially at Illinois State. The only low grades I got were because of laziness, and the most difficult test I ever took was the one where the maniacal TV professor, John Fisk, made us memorize all the model numbers of all the equipment in the TV studio down to the mics.
If I had it all to do over, I'd at least get out with a double major. And I would have partied balls a lot more. Balls.
So Miette had a great checkup and is healthy as a horse. Okay, a pony. All that craziness (see previous posts) is supposedly normal. Ugh. Proceed with caution when procreating.
Though I'd do all it again in a heartbeat.
Anyway, Miette's head is supposedly in the 90th percentile in terms of size. She's got a baby melon. Also, the doc says she's way ahead in her motor skills. That's Daddy's little birdie!
She had some shots yesterday that left her cranky, so I got to stay up with her from 4:30. I had one of those naps on the train where I wake up and don't immediately know where I am or how long I was out. I think I'll have another on the way home.
A thought that crossed my mind recently is how busy I am now, or even before the baby versus the busiest I ever was in college. I think I could have three degrees if I filled up my time the way I do now with coursework. Especially at Illinois State. The only low grades I got were because of laziness, and the most difficult test I ever took was the one where the maniacal TV professor, John Fisk, made us memorize all the model numbers of all the equipment in the TV studio down to the mics.
If I had it all to do over, I'd at least get out with a double major. And I would have partied balls a lot more. Balls.

1 Comments:
at the risk of sounding like a knob, and moreover, a way old knob, college is certainly wasted on the young. funny. joey and i were just talking about that yesterday - it's the perfect time to go to camp, but not the perfect time to pick a trade. i wasn't ready for any buckling down at that point, but the age is right to get out and see what's what.
i certainly wish i hadn't been so consumed with college relationship drama and all that, too. now, looking back, all those people are my friends and we're better off for knowing each other. re-lax.
your college prof made you memorize serial numbers? that is the most inane thing i've ever heard. talk about a knob.
miette is a gem.
Post a Comment
<< Home