Thursday, September 29, 2005

Double edged techology

Ahh, the cell phone. So much has already been said, but here's a little more regurgitation.
When on the train, make your own fun by timing how long it takes for someone to say, "No, I'm on the train" from when they answer the phone. I think Jed Resnick invented that game.

Once while on the train, I witnessed an outdoor-voiced end of a conversation of a guy speaking to his friend, apparently a cop. The guy, hereafter referred to as LM (short for loudmouth) had a nephew living with his mother that had been all but abandoned by his parents. The kid was 13 and apparently out of hand. He wanted the cop to come over to grandma's and beat the kid up to teach him a lesson. Of course, the cop told him no, so LM asked him just to come over in uniform while LM himself beat the kid.

Also, what does it say about our society when people cannot function without being in conversation with someone else? Who are you if you are that uncomfortable with yourself? I understand making calls on a mobile phone to talk to someone for a reason, but you need to take a long hard look in the mirror if you can't browse a store, buy groceries, or rent a movie without blabbing to someone ad nauseum. I know the conversation is of paramount importance when you're sauntering through the new released at Shlockbuster and announcing the following, "*SIGH* Sooooooooo, what movie should I rent? What? No, just having a night to myself. Seen anything good lately? *SIGH* I don't like scary movies...."
God, I could stab you.

Also, talking on the phone while dealing with a cashier is the new coughing without covering your mouth. If I was president, all cashiers would have nightsticks, and they'd be legally allowed to clout that phone off your face.

Also if I was president, owners of parking lots would have to hire attendants with ball peen hammers that would be required by law to dent your hood if you parked like an idiot. ESPECIALLY if you love your shit ass Baretta so much that you back it in diagonally over 2 parking spots. If they caught you in the act, they'd be legally allowed to sodomize you with said ball peen hammer.
If no hammer were available, they could use your cell phone.

1 Comments:

Blogger tara d. said...

yeah, opinions!



i'm with you on all of it. shit-ass baretta, coincidentally, is a new song by blink 182.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs »