Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Cue the theme from Jurassic Park

Not that this post is about dinosaurs, but have a listen and you'll think it's appropriate for the doc telling me I don't have to wear the boot anymore! So, I'm in a regular shoe and the nifty ankle brace they gave me, and boy has it been uncomfortable all day.

I tried tapping into Myspace.com last night. Not because of the Demetri Piece on the Daily show, but instead because Chidester created a myspace page for the Hot Karl. It looks great, and I'm happy to say that it only took me a half hour to locate it. There must be a lot about myspace that I'm not seeing, because in the hour or so that I spent on it, I didn't see much. I'm not even sure if I asked to be people's pals correctly...

I finished the book "that's what I call Commuting". In about an Hour. It's by a Metra conductor and "veteran" rider. It's a collection of anecdotes about people's annoying habits, bodily functions on the train, and the overwhelming frequency of people being killed by trains (see the November archive of this here blog). It was barely worth the read; the most interesting part is the apparent frequency of women exposing themselves to the conductors from the top level of the train. I could get into that, but the book was largely 1-sentence paragraphs and warm smarmy lines at the end to let you know that things turned out aaaaalllllllll right in the end.

I also finished the Superstar Billy Graham book (the Wrestler, not the preacher) on the trip to Paris. It's depressing as hell. Most wrestling books include the dark side of steroids and drugs, but heres a book that's like 75% dark side. Still, it was an engaging read, but it's nearly unfathomable how far this dude fell. Conversely, I also recently finished the Jack Brisco (former NWA heavyweight champion) book. That was interesting as hell (to a wrestling fan) because it covered wrestling from the '40s to the '80s, and he gives bios on everyone he mentions in the book. INCLUDING his opponents in High School and College...
Anyway, this is converse to the other book because he never did drugs, and was one of those wrestlers turned pro-wrestlers that could really hold the title if need be.

Went to Potbelly's today to celebrate a friend's b-day. I like potbelly's, but I'm so damn sick of it. It's across Lake St. from my building, so almost anytime I have lunch with someone, they're like, "Hey, isn't there a potbelly right there?" ugh.

I got a flattering invite to coach an improv team of my peers today. I had to decline, though I'd love to do it, on account of how little free time I have lately. It would have been a challenge, but I think it would have been great.

Kiki and I sat down Monday night and realized we have something planned every weekend from here until 4/22. Plus the shows I have to get in, and our desire to find a new house. Plus, my daughter, who is a living, breathing tickle to me.
Cue theme to Jurassic Park...

1 Comments:

Blogger Hixx said...

Thomps, I read your blog. Cause I love cheeseburgers.

I thought of you when I heard that this place was rated No.19 in the country for burgers. Never been there, checking it out though, will let you know how it goes.

Poag Mahone's
333 S. Wells St.

Hixx

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs »