Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Wait just a achy-breaky minute!

Lots of aches, lots of apologies all around yesterday. We were all wondering what the hell happened. My stomach muscles are killing me from all the vomiting, and my face features a lot of broken blood vessels. We're thinking that this "free" appetizer they gave us may play a role in the debacle, but the three of us had the same beer and this appetizer.
Spent a long day pouring over floor plans and creating a spreadsheet for telephone and network. Went to a cool Bistro for lunch (a great Salad) and a great one for dinner; the Copernic. They had a cheeseburger on the menu. I tried it. Not bad, not great. Then it was back to the room. We weren't blindingly busy yesterday, but as is the nature of these trips, we worked from about 8 'til 10.
This is where I am. The current office is on Victor Hugo, the hotel is on Kleber, and the new office is on Marceau. The circle in the middle is our old pal the Arch.

Today was an 8 am start again (1 AM Chicago time). I got as far as I could on the spreadsheet, then we went to a bistro for lunch and froze eating outside. Afterwards we walked by the hotel to get a jacket and get rained on, then went to the new office to get some questions answered. Afterward, I walked back and finished up. We'll see how this goes. I have a break now, and they're ordering dinner in because the network team is having a bear of a time with vendors. I was hoping to make up with beer, but we won't drink in the office, so maybe tomorrow.
I just took a Pain au chocolate break, and am settling in for another late one.
I miss my wife and daughter like MAD. Mad, I say. They didn't call this AM, and it's all I can think about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs »