America's most disgruntled consumer (TM).
America's most disgruntled consumer (TM).
That was the title of this Blog before I changed it to "Waxin Suckers like Mop'n'Glo". I'm thinking of changing it to "Lost in Emotion (Que Sera Que Sera).
I'm becoming mildly addicted to Yelp.com, giving ups to businesses I like (mostly burgers) and straight dissing others (DO YOU HEAR ME, BOSTON BLACKIE'S?). You guys should check it out sometime if you get the chance.
Last night we left Miette with My parents to go to IO to see shows. My parents were as amazed as I am at what a communicator Miette's becoming. She loves to try on clothes and change her dolls. She will hand us clothes and say, "peet on". It's fantastic.
But I digress. So, we went to IO and saw The Darned, Millie and Carl & The Passions. All teams had great shows including the first team, anchord by our friend Lee Walter. Whilst seeing shows, we indulged in the Great Lakes Brewing Company's Elliot Ness and Dortmunder Gold. Both great beers. Try some great lakes when you get a chance; It's my current favorite beer that I have access to in Chicago. The reason I need to qualify that statement is that my all-time favorite is Yuengling, brewed in America's oldest brewery in Pottsville, PA. However, they don't sell it west of the Alleghenies. I found out while I was in Miami that they'd added a brewery in Tampa, and were a sponsor of the Miami Improv Festival! Imagine the irony then when we went to a MIF-sponsored event and were given wrist bands for drink discounts. They told us $3 domestic pints. I went to the bar and ordered 3 Yuenglings. The bartendress said, "14.50". I told her that I was with the festival and brandished my wristband. Her reply? "That's on domestic beers only". So of course, I said, "Yuengling is brewed in Tampa. It's america's OLDEST brewery." She said, "yeah, but for us domestics are bud, bud light, and miller."
Bastards.
That was the title of this Blog before I changed it to "Waxin Suckers like Mop'n'Glo". I'm thinking of changing it to "Lost in Emotion (Que Sera Que Sera).
I'm becoming mildly addicted to Yelp.com, giving ups to businesses I like (mostly burgers) and straight dissing others (DO YOU HEAR ME, BOSTON BLACKIE'S?). You guys should check it out sometime if you get the chance.
Last night we left Miette with My parents to go to IO to see shows. My parents were as amazed as I am at what a communicator Miette's becoming. She loves to try on clothes and change her dolls. She will hand us clothes and say, "peet on". It's fantastic.
But I digress. So, we went to IO and saw The Darned, Millie and Carl & The Passions. All teams had great shows including the first team, anchord by our friend Lee Walter. Whilst seeing shows, we indulged in the Great Lakes Brewing Company's Elliot Ness and Dortmunder Gold. Both great beers. Try some great lakes when you get a chance; It's my current favorite beer that I have access to in Chicago. The reason I need to qualify that statement is that my all-time favorite is Yuengling, brewed in America's oldest brewery in Pottsville, PA. However, they don't sell it west of the Alleghenies. I found out while I was in Miami that they'd added a brewery in Tampa, and were a sponsor of the Miami Improv Festival! Imagine the irony then when we went to a MIF-sponsored event and were given wrist bands for drink discounts. They told us $3 domestic pints. I went to the bar and ordered 3 Yuenglings. The bartendress said, "14.50". I told her that I was with the festival and brandished my wristband. Her reply? "That's on domestic beers only". So of course, I said, "Yuengling is brewed in Tampa. It's america's OLDEST brewery." She said, "yeah, but for us domestics are bud, bud light, and miller."
Bastards.

4 Comments:
Yuengling is great! Melissa and I discovered it this year at the Philly Improv Festival. We're hooked!
I will bring you a bottle of Texas' own Shiner Bock. Unavailable in Chicago, but we have a stash. A huge stash.
I prefer shiner Blonde, but I'll definitely take a bock!
You're a true connoisseur. We have Blonde, too. We'll hook you up.
Maybe the Jay stands for Jenerousity!
Post a Comment
<< Home