Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The breakfast of Champions

Happy new year, all. I went to another holiday party and was struck by the number of people who read this, so I'll do my best to update more often.
The HOT KARL is homeless for the next couple months until the new CSz space is ready. That said, we traveled to Miami for the Miami Improv festival this weekend. We had two great shows, and the weather was great. The festival was held at a science museum. The venues and crowds were good, but the sights and eats and festival and hotel were at least a $10 cab ride between.
Saturday AM we woke up at noon and walked 20 minutes in to the financial district. It looked totally not promising. However, we found a place that serverd brunch and sat down. The place was Argentinian. Their brunch special was parrillada (I think) for two. It was 4 cuts of steak, 2 sausages, a half of a chicken, pork cheeks, and short ribs plus fries and salad and a complimentary mimosa for $29.99. Served on a warming tray. Made all the sweeter by how jealous Lindberg was of Ross and I getting down on this meat platter.
Good bits were to be had, even from the hang in the motel room while the beautiful weather raged outside. I saw one other show; Bassprov. It was agreat show, and made me long for Guys Night Out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs »