Doin' it all for my bay-bay
Thanks, Huey Louis.
I had a great 3-day weekend. I took Monday off 'cause Kiki had it off.
Friday Kiki's best friend hit town.
Saturday we had brunch with great friends and great bits. It's intimidating to know such staggeringly funny people. The line of the brunch though came from my friend Joey's wife Heather. We were making fun of the flamingo that comes with Miette's Fisher-Price zoo. It has really thick legs that we were calling cankles. Heather said that she was relieved to see a more realistic portrayal of Flamingos because "only 3% of all flamingos are built like the ones you see in magazines"!
Saturday night, DF became the George W. Bush of comedy when we lost the popular vote in the cage match, but the judges, Jason Chin and Danny Mora voted us over the other team.
Sunday we relaxed and went to an estate sale. It was a cool sale save for the following:
At some point, a hugely fat man entered the kitchen of the sale. I never saw his face, because he stank up the kitchen so bad that I wouldn't go in there. He was clad in shorts, sneakers he'd slipped on, and a jacket. The shorts are worth noting because on his leg was a massive open sore that looked like gangrene. This thing was 9 by 4 inches and unbelievably nasty. I promptly left and I STILL have the willies. No dressers, as is my quest, but my wife netted some neat costume jewelry.
Monday was for Miette. For the first time in her life, we played in the snow. She had been to little last year, and it had been too cold this year. My parents bought her a sled we were finally able to use. We have just enough of a hill in the front yard to be thrilling for a 21-month-old.
On the first trip down, the sled overturned and her face got buried in the snow.
She quickly recovered, though, and was squealing "Again! Again!" when she got to the bottom.
We had Hot chocolate and then went to lunch. We went to a place called 2 Toots. Their tagline is "Great food served on Toy Trains". It was about like you'd imagine, but with more screaming kids. Check my review on Yelp! if you're thinking of going. I know how you like trains.
I had a great 3-day weekend. I took Monday off 'cause Kiki had it off.
Friday Kiki's best friend hit town.
Saturday we had brunch with great friends and great bits. It's intimidating to know such staggeringly funny people. The line of the brunch though came from my friend Joey's wife Heather. We were making fun of the flamingo that comes with Miette's Fisher-Price zoo. It has really thick legs that we were calling cankles. Heather said that she was relieved to see a more realistic portrayal of Flamingos because "only 3% of all flamingos are built like the ones you see in magazines"!
Saturday night, DF became the George W. Bush of comedy when we lost the popular vote in the cage match, but the judges, Jason Chin and Danny Mora voted us over the other team.
Sunday we relaxed and went to an estate sale. It was a cool sale save for the following:
At some point, a hugely fat man entered the kitchen of the sale. I never saw his face, because he stank up the kitchen so bad that I wouldn't go in there. He was clad in shorts, sneakers he'd slipped on, and a jacket. The shorts are worth noting because on his leg was a massive open sore that looked like gangrene. This thing was 9 by 4 inches and unbelievably nasty. I promptly left and I STILL have the willies. No dressers, as is my quest, but my wife netted some neat costume jewelry.
Monday was for Miette. For the first time in her life, we played in the snow. She had been to little last year, and it had been too cold this year. My parents bought her a sled we were finally able to use. We have just enough of a hill in the front yard to be thrilling for a 21-month-old.
On the first trip down, the sled overturned and her face got buried in the snow.
She quickly recovered, though, and was squealing "Again! Again!" when she got to the bottom.
We had Hot chocolate and then went to lunch. We went to a place called 2 Toots. Their tagline is "Great food served on Toy Trains". It was about like you'd imagine, but with more screaming kids. Check my review on Yelp! if you're thinking of going. I know how you like trains.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home