Monster Zero
So, in my last post, I felt obligated to put a zero in for the o in c0ck ring.
I hate that I have to censor myself, but I do it in hopes that you, the reader, won't be blocked from reading it. It's Something of a catch-22 (a better book than expression, if you haven't read it).
At any rate, I have blogged in the past about the power of words and one's "right" to use words, for whatever purpose (though mine's most often comedy). Esquire has had 2 good articles in the past 2 months. One on the state of American bigotry, and this month's on bringing back Son of a Bitch to replace the more commonplace epithets of late of "Asshole" and "Douchebag".
The most poignant point made is "...words should sting. They should offend [when there is intent]. They should be able to make us want to cover our ears or cringe or cower. A world without [offensive words] is like a world without exclamation points." Thank you, Esquire's Chris Jones.
I hate that I have to censor myself, but I do it in hopes that you, the reader, won't be blocked from reading it. It's Something of a catch-22 (a better book than expression, if you haven't read it).
At any rate, I have blogged in the past about the power of words and one's "right" to use words, for whatever purpose (though mine's most often comedy). Esquire has had 2 good articles in the past 2 months. One on the state of American bigotry, and this month's on bringing back Son of a Bitch to replace the more commonplace epithets of late of "Asshole" and "Douchebag".
The most poignant point made is "...words should sting. They should offend [when there is intent]. They should be able to make us want to cover our ears or cringe or cower. A world without [offensive words] is like a world without exclamation points." Thank you, Esquire's Chris Jones.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home