Portly = Sexy
Well, according to the Today Show, anyway. Actually, the whole piece was a marraige of the death of metrosexuality and then they blended in Steve Schrippa, author of "The Goomba Diet" in times square asking women if they preferred a man with a gut to a metrosexual. Lord knows how they edited it, but the story was basically saying, "Guts are In!". Like I didn't know that.
Confidence is what's sexy. Toward the end of the piece they cited funny fat guys like Jack Black. They they qualified that by saying he was more funny than sexy.
I can't believe I'm even writing about this. The Today Show is for candybrains. If you need to watch that shit to know how to feel, you have bigger problems.
What I'm trying to get to anyway is a bit about manhood. I've spent a lot of time in recent years trying to be the best man I can be. That can mean a lot of things to a lot of people, but a little piece in this month's GQ started to crystalize it for me. It was written by a feminist who has fallen for a man who takes the reins a bit. However, the way this guy takes the reins is just by being a man. Being a gentleman, being slightly chivalrous, knowing how to fix things, and not being afraid of work.
Lately, that's almost all I've been doing. Work. Especially with the move. There's been countless hours of physical labor. I've been reveling in it 'cause it's all for my wife and baby. The wierdest thing is how great accomplishment feels lately. Even little accomplishments. I get a little irie just turning screws. Sounds wierd, but spending 5 hours in the attic with sweat running down my face putting ends on cable felt great. Because I was doing it (and doing it and doing it well).
I guess it's a good thing to feel that way since I have so much to do. I'll start by mowing 2 lawns tomorrow morning...
Let's go get some shit done. Let's do it to them before they do it to us; and hey, Let's be careful out there.
Confidence is what's sexy. Toward the end of the piece they cited funny fat guys like Jack Black. They they qualified that by saying he was more funny than sexy.
I can't believe I'm even writing about this. The Today Show is for candybrains. If you need to watch that shit to know how to feel, you have bigger problems.
What I'm trying to get to anyway is a bit about manhood. I've spent a lot of time in recent years trying to be the best man I can be. That can mean a lot of things to a lot of people, but a little piece in this month's GQ started to crystalize it for me. It was written by a feminist who has fallen for a man who takes the reins a bit. However, the way this guy takes the reins is just by being a man. Being a gentleman, being slightly chivalrous, knowing how to fix things, and not being afraid of work.
Lately, that's almost all I've been doing. Work. Especially with the move. There's been countless hours of physical labor. I've been reveling in it 'cause it's all for my wife and baby. The wierdest thing is how great accomplishment feels lately. Even little accomplishments. I get a little irie just turning screws. Sounds wierd, but spending 5 hours in the attic with sweat running down my face putting ends on cable felt great. Because I was doing it (and doing it and doing it well).
I guess it's a good thing to feel that way since I have so much to do. I'll start by mowing 2 lawns tomorrow morning...
Let's go get some shit done. Let's do it to them before they do it to us; and hey, Let's be careful out there.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home