Monday, January 14, 2008

Bang on!

People at work have little to know idea that I do comedy in my spare time. I'm like a different person at work when there's, well, work to be done. However, there are some people I feel will "get it" so I make jokes when the opportunity arises. I think I will stop. Case in point:
Today I saw a woman who had recently been on crutches for a long time. She said something to the affect of not walking right yet, but being happy to be off the crutches because they were a pain in the ass.
I said, "I think you were using them wrong then."
Her reply: What?
Me: If the crutches were a pain in the ass, I think you were using them wrong.
Her: Oh. I must not have had enough caffeine today.

An exchange like that makes me feel like crap. It was a dad joke, but a joke nonetheless. Down with Humor in the workplace!

I received the Little Britain box set for Chrismas from me mum. The wife and I have been slowly devouring it since then. It's 75% brilliant.

I saw There Will Be Blood yesterday. Some conglomeration of critics called it the best movie of 2007. I'm not so sure. I liked it a lot, but I'm not sure it's the movie of the year.

Look out for the special double edition of the Hot Karl Podcast. Coming soon to a computer near you. Also, the Hot Karl netted a run of Friday nites at the Apollo Theater. I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs »