much of my world has been turned upside down.
Thanksgiving was great. My mother cooked for 17 people. It was great.
My Mother's side of the family showed up, along with my In-laws. My Aunt got Miette a gift, and my sister was the only one to hear her hyperactive daughter say, "I got that teddy bear for my birthday, and I didn't even play with it!"
No matter. Miette loved it. The food was great, as was seeing my cousins.
Friday we stayed at home, by and large. My wife, Miette, and I and My in-laws, all stricken with that cold I referenced a few posts back.
Saturday it happened. I have been casually looking at other homes in our area because ours seems to have shrunk since the baby came. One I was looking at experienced a $25,000 price drop, so I figured it was time to look. It's a 1955 brick bungalow. 5 bedrooms, 2 baths. Currently being used as a duplex, but we'd change it back to a single family home.
It's on a HUGE half-acre lot in Westmont. It needs a lot of updating and some other work, but the potential is huge. I am wracking my brain to see if I could afford it. It would more than double our existing living space, but we'd have to re-do the kitchen right away. Also, it has radiators, so that's another ball of wax. However, there's TONS on the plus side. One of the HUGE plusses is that my Father-in-law is an experienced builder, so we'd have no labor costs for any of the improvements we did.
This is one of those things I haven't been able to get out of my head. I guess I'll have to wait and see, but it'd be great if we could do it. I love our current home; it's just that we're outgrowing it. It's 2-3 bedrooms and one bathroom.
I've got to T H I N K !
My Mother's side of the family showed up, along with my In-laws. My Aunt got Miette a gift, and my sister was the only one to hear her hyperactive daughter say, "I got that teddy bear for my birthday, and I didn't even play with it!"
No matter. Miette loved it. The food was great, as was seeing my cousins.
Friday we stayed at home, by and large. My wife, Miette, and I and My in-laws, all stricken with that cold I referenced a few posts back.
Saturday it happened. I have been casually looking at other homes in our area because ours seems to have shrunk since the baby came. One I was looking at experienced a $25,000 price drop, so I figured it was time to look. It's a 1955 brick bungalow. 5 bedrooms, 2 baths. Currently being used as a duplex, but we'd change it back to a single family home.
It's on a HUGE half-acre lot in Westmont. It needs a lot of updating and some other work, but the potential is huge. I am wracking my brain to see if I could afford it. It would more than double our existing living space, but we'd have to re-do the kitchen right away. Also, it has radiators, so that's another ball of wax. However, there's TONS on the plus side. One of the HUGE plusses is that my Father-in-law is an experienced builder, so we'd have no labor costs for any of the improvements we did. This is one of those things I haven't been able to get out of my head. I guess I'll have to wait and see, but it'd be great if we could do it. I love our current home; it's just that we're outgrowing it. It's 2-3 bedrooms and one bathroom.
I've got to T H I N K !

1 Comments:
wow, that is a big decision. your home is so beauts, but i know this is what people do in life. good luck either way. whatever you choose, i know it'll be (or continue to be) a knockout.
Post a Comment
<< Home