Miette has a new hat.

Sunday, she'll be 7 months. She is amazing.
Busy this week. Busy as hell. Trying to wrap up things here at work because I'm off next week. Also being pressed into service to help Kiki wrap up all the things she has to accomplish before her last week. Next week we'll begin finishing what needs to be done before Christmas.
I put the tree up Sunday, lit it Monday, and haven't done anything with it since. I ended up making cookie dough Monday night, and making more last night when we realized that what we'd made wouldn't make nearly half the cookies that Kiki needs for all the kids in her class.
A couple things I've been meaning to tell you about.
1) The other night, I walked by the entryway to an office building on LaSalle and Franklin. There was a man in a full business suit and coat on the phone. He was rapt in conversation and unwittingly reached back, dug into his ass crack to scratch, and then smelled his fingers. Golden.
2) Last Thursday night, Kiki and I went charity shopping. Every year, the Key club at her shcool sponsors needy kids. They send a list of what they need (and want) for Christmas. Kiki collects money from her students, and we match whatever they raise and then buy gifts for the kids. It's always a trying experience in that it's fun to buy toys and clothes for kids, but then tough to think that the reason they're asking for a winter coat is that they're too poor to afford one. We usually supplement the gift with Sacagawea dollars hidden in the pockets of the clothes. This year we had an infant, and three others aged 4, 7, and 12 respectively. The 7-year old asked for "action figures". Since I am not allowed to buy Star Wars anymore, I went a little wild and even gave the kid some extras out of my personal collection. Some rare mail-aways too. I hope he likes Star Wars.
I love it. I have a huge collection. I need to get rid of some of my stuff that is from '97-'02 (for space reasons, literally), but I'll never part with my stuff from '77-85 if I can help it.
I may even break our rule of not allowing Miette to watch TV over my vacation, and show her Star Wars. I know she won't last the whole movie, but I may try.
Maybe I can get her to want all those toys and not have to get rid of them...

3 Comments:
that is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen
FINE! I'll take all your toys! Jeesh....
"Luke, your aunt loooooves it in the dumper! BAAAA-ROOOOOO!"
-Uncle Owen
-Original line from 1st draft of Lucas' film "Space Unrest"
date: 12.28
how dare you still have this post up when christmas has come and a baby's been had.
TELL US!
baby's first C!
Post a Comment
<< Home