Holidaze
I hate that. I hate it when people type Holdiaze as if it's supposed to be funny. I feel like Strongbad does when people say GarbAHge sale instead of Garage sale. Like I should be offered some mint meltaways and sleepytime tea to cope with the Holidaze. Gah.
Anyway, I wrote in an earlier post the Holidays have higher stakes in my brain because it's my daughter's first. I wish you could have seen her when the snow hit her face this AM. She was practically amazed.
I am working from like 8 lists of things to do right now. I misplaced one last night and nearly farted blood. Luckily I found it. No way I'd be able to re-create it; I keep lists because I'm so dern forgetful.
I'm sure it will all go well, but my wife and I had a holiday collision last night in which we each discovered a present eachother is getting. Boo.
My baby sister's giving me the most gift-stress right now, as all she wants is a white sox championship sweatshirt. Easy, right? Not. The official ones are over $50; not that that's a lot for a xmas gift, but if clothes were fire, my sister would be the sun. I know it's just going to sit in a closet. I saw a great Ben Sherman Jacket I'd love to get her yesterday, but then it's just something she didn't ask for taking up the closet space.
One part of shopping got easier... Kiki has too much doubt for us to pursue that house right now. I just hope we don't regret that later. We still need to find a place, though it's not urgent. I'll keep my eyes open. Thanks, Internet!
Nert.
Anyway, I wrote in an earlier post the Holidays have higher stakes in my brain because it's my daughter's first. I wish you could have seen her when the snow hit her face this AM. She was practically amazed.
I am working from like 8 lists of things to do right now. I misplaced one last night and nearly farted blood. Luckily I found it. No way I'd be able to re-create it; I keep lists because I'm so dern forgetful.
I'm sure it will all go well, but my wife and I had a holiday collision last night in which we each discovered a present eachother is getting. Boo.
My baby sister's giving me the most gift-stress right now, as all she wants is a white sox championship sweatshirt. Easy, right? Not. The official ones are over $50; not that that's a lot for a xmas gift, but if clothes were fire, my sister would be the sun. I know it's just going to sit in a closet. I saw a great Ben Sherman Jacket I'd love to get her yesterday, but then it's just something she didn't ask for taking up the closet space.
One part of shopping got easier... Kiki has too much doubt for us to pursue that house right now. I just hope we don't regret that later. We still need to find a place, though it's not urgent. I'll keep my eyes open. Thanks, Internet!
Nert.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home