Friday, January 13, 2006

Handi-Abled

Okay, I thought I'd never do it, but I took the doc up on the Handicapped placard. Here's the reason. I am wrestling with my work transit on account of the busted wheel. I could drive, but the sneaky-ass court parking on LaSalle and Lake just upped their charge to $20 early bird. House of Blues is Still the best deal at $11 (9.75 plus $1 tip for valet), but that walk across the State Street bridge on crutches is tough.

I can't believe how tough. I thought crutching was easy, but it blows me up fast.

Option 2 would be take the train as normal, and then get cabs, right? Kinda. The only thing you're forgetting is the 10-minute walk between home and the Westmont train station. Hence the placard. Hopefully, I can noe park there and cab between work. What's killing me is that the State street Nordstrom Rack got new arrivals Tuesday, and I have yet to get over there and see what they got.

Speaking of new arrivals, we bought a leather sectional to replace our couches last weekend. The one was in bad shape, and they matched, so we figured we'd switch them both out. So, Awesome. We got it ordered and love it, and then the break happens just as we need to move furniture out to make room and (hopefully) paint the room while we have it empty. Luckily, my bro asked two of his friends to do it; a former augustana football player and a former DePaul shot-putter. They had it done (a queen-sized sleeper sofa out of the house and in the alley) in no time, and all I had to buy was sandwiches. Good bits were had, too. We joked about Doogie Howser losing all shows with the computer journal, and now it's all I can think of while I blog. That and tossing vinnie right back out the window.

I had orientation for Second City's BizCo today. I was recently hired by them. It was fun as hell and Dominated (6 of 8 people) by ComedySportz. It's great to sit at a table with all of them and know we can rock the shit out of whatever they give us, and rock that shit professionally. The only tough part was the tour. Lots of stairs.

Also, the home search is heating up again... We have seen some places we've liked since the dream home fell through. We'll see if anything comes of the 4-5 homes we'll look at tomorrow.

The worst part of all this broken foot nonsense is not only my bruised pride (speaking of bruises, you should see my knee from my trap door bump!), but just how much I can't do around the house. Just day-to-day stuff like go upstairs and get a shirt or go grab my daughter out of the Exersaucer and bring her to the couch. It sucks. Kiki has to do it all. I feel terrible about that.

3 Comments:

Blogger tara d. said...

hang in there, champ. i'm sure it's life's way of just telling you to slow it down a bit. no more tumbles, fake or real.

nordstrom's will always have stuff... there will always be a good rack.

that's what HE said.

bizco was awesome, you are awesome, comedysportz is awesome, and we mothaf*ckin' showed up.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Zach said...

Thanks, Life Coach!

10:55 AM  
Blogger tara d. said...

you're welcome, my man.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs »