A weight has been lifted.
The ink is dry. We sold the Westmont house. We didn't go to the close, lest I be tempted to say, " That place is Haunted as FUCK!".
I will miss that house. Kiki broke down in tears on her final walk-through. I didn't cry, but I sure loved it.
Also, what makes a neighborhood is the neighbors. My Neighbor Mike is everything you'd want in a neighbor. A resourceful, stand-up kinda guy. He proved it again yesterday. When I'd gone to the house the last time, He'd cut the fucking grass! I had intened on leaving it for Don & Stacy Schiffner, but Mike cut it. Both for his old neighbor, and his new neighbor. He's that kind of guy.
He did that while his wife is days away from giving birth. Raise a glass to Mike Barnes, everybody.
My lifestyle of intense personal crisis is starting to level out. The feeling that I've been hit in the chest with a cannonball has started to subside. Hopefully my skin will clear up and this headache will go away soon as well.
Miette's new favorite word is Okay. She walks around saying "ooooh-KAY!" like she's blowing somebody off.
One of those little bastards at daycare bit her last week. Drew blood and all. Kiki thought it was ringworm, but the teeth marks were soon clear as day. I guess he bit a few other kids as well, and we got a tearful apology over the phone from the mother.
Last night she did a bit. She took her shirt off the floor and tried to walk. When we laughed at her, she lifted the shirt from her face, laughed, then pulled it back down and kept doing it. It was great. She is great.
Here's to Fall.
Here's to Y'all.
I will miss that house. Kiki broke down in tears on her final walk-through. I didn't cry, but I sure loved it.
Also, what makes a neighborhood is the neighbors. My Neighbor Mike is everything you'd want in a neighbor. A resourceful, stand-up kinda guy. He proved it again yesterday. When I'd gone to the house the last time, He'd cut the fucking grass! I had intened on leaving it for Don & Stacy Schiffner, but Mike cut it. Both for his old neighbor, and his new neighbor. He's that kind of guy.
He did that while his wife is days away from giving birth. Raise a glass to Mike Barnes, everybody.
My lifestyle of intense personal crisis is starting to level out. The feeling that I've been hit in the chest with a cannonball has started to subside. Hopefully my skin will clear up and this headache will go away soon as well.
Miette's new favorite word is Okay. She walks around saying "ooooh-KAY!" like she's blowing somebody off.
One of those little bastards at daycare bit her last week. Drew blood and all. Kiki thought it was ringworm, but the teeth marks were soon clear as day. I guess he bit a few other kids as well, and we got a tearful apology over the phone from the mother.
Last night she did a bit. She took her shirt off the floor and tried to walk. When we laughed at her, she lifted the shirt from her face, laughed, then pulled it back down and kept doing it. It was great. She is great.
Here's to Fall.
Here's to Y'all.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home