OLD SKOOL!
Sorry, 'taker fans, this is about the rental truck I had to drive for my sis this weekend. People, thins thing was from 1970 if it was from anytime. It was old as hell, and it was a 26-foot international harvester truck with a manual trans; hence me driving it.
Now, Fans of this blog remember that I totally marked out about getting to drive the totally modern truck when I moved. This was something else. It had crank windows and an AM radio only, and the clutch was about 18" off the floor. My quad was aching by the time we got to their apartment. There was about 12 inches of play in the stick, and the steering wheel was huge and parallel with the ground like that of a bus. You had to go up to 5th gear just to get to 35 mph. Forget talking on your cell while driving. It was too goddamn loud!
Weeee-Hooo!
The move itself was pretty harrowing... 10 years of accumulation, and my sister and her girlfriend's first move. Let's just say we had more to do than time allowed and leave it at that, shall we?
Had some great shows this weekend, and some not-so-great ones. It allways happens where when I'm feeling really great about a show that I get checked back into place to humble me.
This weekend is Lisle's homecoming. I hope to take Miette to the parade.
Now, Fans of this blog remember that I totally marked out about getting to drive the totally modern truck when I moved. This was something else. It had crank windows and an AM radio only, and the clutch was about 18" off the floor. My quad was aching by the time we got to their apartment. There was about 12 inches of play in the stick, and the steering wheel was huge and parallel with the ground like that of a bus. You had to go up to 5th gear just to get to 35 mph. Forget talking on your cell while driving. It was too goddamn loud!
Weeee-Hooo!
The move itself was pretty harrowing... 10 years of accumulation, and my sister and her girlfriend's first move. Let's just say we had more to do than time allowed and leave it at that, shall we?
Had some great shows this weekend, and some not-so-great ones. It allways happens where when I'm feeling really great about a show that I get checked back into place to humble me.
This weekend is Lisle's homecoming. I hope to take Miette to the parade.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home