E-lectricity, EEEE-lectricity.
Last night I was awakened by the sound of fireworks and I knew the Sox had won.
Good for them. Good for Chicago. I really don't give a damn otherwise.
People were out yelling in my quiet neighborhood, and lighting off fireworks. It was heavy for Westmont, light compared to the other sports-related melees I'd been a part of.
When the Bulls won their last championship, I was walking down a street on the north side. Far from any sports bars, but with every basket, you could hear the whole city cheer. It was profound.
When the cubs clinched the division during their choke season, I came out of IO as the game ended, and I was right at Clark and Addison. They were away, but the idiots poured out of the bars into the street.
Both were cool experiences, but nothing like what Wrestling does for me. I remember 2 moments of genuine awe; when Hogan came out at Bash at the Beach and turned bad, and then when Goldberg beat Raven for the US title in WCW. There have been many more moments, but those were two that got me out of my seat because of images on a TV screen. The sad thing is that they were both over 5 years ago.
There are still many electric moments on WWE tv nowadays, byt generally they're met with a "that was cool" from my brother or I.
Here's a compelling bit of TV. If you have the Ganas, watch this clip. Check out the part where Benoit flies out of the ring and nails the small of his back on the Announce table. You can close it after that. It's incredible what they do to entertain me. Electrifying. Now, I just need it to be awe-inspiring.
Good for them. Good for Chicago. I really don't give a damn otherwise.
People were out yelling in my quiet neighborhood, and lighting off fireworks. It was heavy for Westmont, light compared to the other sports-related melees I'd been a part of.
When the Bulls won their last championship, I was walking down a street on the north side. Far from any sports bars, but with every basket, you could hear the whole city cheer. It was profound.
When the cubs clinched the division during their choke season, I came out of IO as the game ended, and I was right at Clark and Addison. They were away, but the idiots poured out of the bars into the street.
Both were cool experiences, but nothing like what Wrestling does for me. I remember 2 moments of genuine awe; when Hogan came out at Bash at the Beach and turned bad, and then when Goldberg beat Raven for the US title in WCW. There have been many more moments, but those were two that got me out of my seat because of images on a TV screen. The sad thing is that they were both over 5 years ago.
There are still many electric moments on WWE tv nowadays, byt generally they're met with a "that was cool" from my brother or I.
Here's a compelling bit of TV. If you have the Ganas, watch this clip. Check out the part where Benoit flies out of the ring and nails the small of his back on the Announce table. You can close it after that. It's incredible what they do to entertain me. Electrifying. Now, I just need it to be awe-inspiring.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home