Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Obsessive. Compulsive?

I've been spending too much time on the internet lately looking for a new coat. I don't need one, but I keep picturing a new coat.
I get like this, where I see something I think would look good on me, and I spend an inordinate amount of time and money finding out. Ususally along the way, I buy one or two of those somethings on ebay, and then find out the hard way that it's not right due to size, look, or smell. Yes, smell. For example, Canadian varsity jackets are all leather; not just leather sleeves. While looking for something else entirely, I stumbled upon this, and have since bought about 5. I still have three, and I feel slightly villified in the fact that they are usually under $10. The trophy was a red wrestling jacket with gray bands on the sleeves. The only problem? It must have been stored in a gutter because it reeks terribly of mildewy leather. My Mom won't even let me wear it to her house. I'm stupid about shit like this.

Real world: Miette's back to shitty sleep again, getting up 2 or three times at night. I know if could be way worse, but sometimes I feel like putting my eyes out. By contrast, she is the embodiment of unbelievable joy at all other times. A living, breathing wonder machine. Everything she does is amazing. You can see her learning, exploring, tasting, trying to talk. She's captivating.
A fellow improviser, Justin O'Connor quit Improv not long ago because it was too fulfilling. He found that he was feeling so good about his improv that he didn't want to audition for anything or do scripted stuff.
I could never give up improv, but there are times when I am terrified by how fulfilling it is just to sit with my daughter.
She is my obsession.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs »