Sidelined
Fuck.
I miss my old life... the pre-injury life. I miss walking without having to think about walking. I miss my calf muscle on my left leg which is atrophying a lot faster than I ever expected. I miss the $75 a week I'm spending on cabs.
I miss doing shows the most.
Don't get me wrong. I know it could be worse. I love the extra time I get with my wife and the baby, but I can't even do chores at home.
Doing shows is a big part of me. Not being able to do them is making Zach a dull boy.
making Zach a dull boy.
Making Zach a dull boy.
We've looked at 7 or so houses in the last few weeks. Nothing's really grabbed us yet save for the idea of lots more space. We've only seen 2 homes that anybody made any effort to show us (meaning: they picked up or repaired major obvious flaws).
It's frustrating, so I'm thinking of getting an Architect to see if adding onto our place would be feasible. It'd be a tough sell, though, seeing as how we'd have an infant in a house that was being remodeled. Or worse, have to rent a place while the renovations were done. We'll see what happens.
If we do something to move, it'll be a long time before any semblance of Old Life comes back.
I miss my old life... the pre-injury life. I miss walking without having to think about walking. I miss my calf muscle on my left leg which is atrophying a lot faster than I ever expected. I miss the $75 a week I'm spending on cabs.
I miss doing shows the most.
Don't get me wrong. I know it could be worse. I love the extra time I get with my wife and the baby, but I can't even do chores at home.
Doing shows is a big part of me. Not being able to do them is making Zach a dull boy.
making Zach a dull boy.
Making Zach a dull boy.
We've looked at 7 or so houses in the last few weeks. Nothing's really grabbed us yet save for the idea of lots more space. We've only seen 2 homes that anybody made any effort to show us (meaning: they picked up or repaired major obvious flaws).
It's frustrating, so I'm thinking of getting an Architect to see if adding onto our place would be feasible. It'd be a tough sell, though, seeing as how we'd have an infant in a house that was being remodeled. Or worse, have to rent a place while the renovations were done. We'll see what happens.
If we do something to move, it'll be a long time before any semblance of Old Life comes back.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home