Wednesday, November 16, 2005

We're on a mission for Yuengling

I'm accompanying my wife to Pittsburgh this weekend for a conference, and then to show the baby off to her Pennsylvania relatives. Never been IN Pittsburgh for ant length of time, so we'll see how it is. Regardless, I'll be east of the Alleghenies, which means Yuengling will be in abundance. If you ever make it east, have some. It's one of the world's finest beers from America's Oldest Brewery.
It takes 8 hours or so to drive without having to stop to feed the baby. I'll let you know how it goes.

Eddie Guerrero passed away Sunday. He was an outstanding wrestler. His heart quit on him. Though he'd been clean and sober for 4 years, all the hard living caught up to him and stopped his heart. Kiki and I watched the tribute RAW, and we both cried. It was a very moving show. Especially to see iron-clad badasses sob. Powerful. I will miss him, as will thousands of wrestling fans. He understood character, and would do really funny things with his.

I then caught a special on him on MSNBC's Rita Cosby show last night. My Rira Cosby Impression was coming along great until I saw the Daily Show play a tape of her and Bruce Willis last night and make fun of the fact that you could barely tell whose voice was whose. Oh well. I'll have to find another celebrity to impersonate.

I finished Tipping Point, and am on to Terry Funk's book... another wrestling book.

Bundle up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lindberg said...

I was wondering how you took his death. Did steroids play a part? Yeesh...

Have fun in PA!

When do I get to see that baby...I mean come on!

10:47 AM  
Blogger tara d. said...

i'm with lindberg.

and, i truly thought of you immmediately when i saw the news blurb. it's nice how much you like those guys.

1:36 AM  
Blogger Zach said...

Eddie Guerreo was a great performer. I was saddedned by it, buttruly moved to tears by the outpouring the WWE put on.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

« chicago blogs »